- Pattern Languages
- Liberating Voices (English)
- Liberating Voices (other languages)
- Liberating Voices (Arabic)
- Liberating Voices (Chinese)
- Liberating Voices (French)
- Liberating Voices (German)
- Liberating Voices (Greek)
- Liberating Voices (Hebrew)
- Liberating Voices (Italian)
- Liberating Voices (Korean)
- Liberating Voices (Portuguese)
- Liberating Voices (Russian)
- Liberating Voices (Serbian)
- Liberating Voices (Spanish)
- Liberating Voices (Swahili)
- LIBERATING VOICES (VIETNAMESE)
- Civic Ignorance (English)
- Digital Resources
Pattern number within this pattern set:332
Public Sphere Project (CPSR)
People often feel like they are cogs in a machine. Some people, on the other hand, believe that the job they do is independent from the rest of the world, or if they do acknowledge any type of connection, they feel that they are helpless to act.
To be added.
From a transcript of two Enron energy traders in Houston:
KEVIN: So the rumors true? Theyre fuckin takin all the money back from you guys? All those money you guys stole from those poor grandmothers in California?
BOB: Yeah, grandma Millie, man. But shes the one who couldnt figure out how to fuckin vote on the butterfly ballot.
KEVIN: Yeah, now she wants her fuckin money back for all the power youve charged right up jammed right up her ass for fuckin 250 dollars a megawatt hour.
An increased sense of social responsibility can be integrated into all activiites. For example, in response, to the saber-rattling of the Reagan era, a number of groups including Physicians for Social Responsibility, Architects for Social Responsibility and Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility all became organized. This can be done individually as well....
This pattern submission is currently just a placeholder.
I believe that this submission -- or something like it -- belongs in this system and ultimately needs to be created.
Please contact me (email@example.com) if you have relevant ideas or information to share.
To be added.